Sunday, January 30, 2011

VEGGIE CHILI~my own concoction

everything is really estimated, I don't measure much, but it is close , you can adjust to your liking.. 

1cup veggie broth
1 medium onion chopped 
1 clove garlic or 1tsp dried garlic
1celery stalk sliced up
1 regular can of dark red kidney beans rinsed well
1reg can of black beans rinsed well
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce or paste
1cu frozen green beans
1cu frozen corn kernels
1cu cut up mushrooms ~I microwave mine for a minute
1T chili ( or to taste)
1T dried parsley
2tsp cumin powder
2tsp paprika
and a shot of nutritional yeast if you have it

bring 1/2cu veggie broth to a boil and saute onion, garlic,celery til tender, then toss in the mushrooms...
add rest of broth,and rest of ingredients... simmer 30mins or so...stir occasionally.

I like my chili a bit sweeter , so I put a tsp of brown sugar on top mix then eat! 
you can eat as much as you like, it 's low fat and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment