Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CORN CHOWDER UPDATED

I make corn chowder once a week, a huge pot of it so we can have it several times. 


I put a pot on a high burner, cut up one large onion, saute it in 1/2 cup or so of veggie broth ( Swanson is my favorite). Then add at least 2 more cups of water, then 2 cups or 3 depends on how you like your soup, unsweetened organic soy milk, 1 bag of frozen oreida russet potatoes( the plain ones), 2cups frozen corn, 2 cans creamed corn, 1T paprika, 1T dried chopped chives, 2t dried minced garlic, cook about 30 mins on medium low...blend up a bunch of the soup ( I use one of those hand held blenders) til it is kinda thickish... then I add 1 bag of frozen carrots, any shape you want. Cook another hour or so to marry flavors.. YUMMMY! eat til you drop! you can add more water or soy milk if you need to to thin it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment